Skip to main content

Hello and Welcome!

I haven't ever done anything like this before, but I wanted to try it as a way to get myself and my work out there for you all to see.  I'll start with a simple intro and soon will start posting my creations! 

My name is Ashlee, I am married and mom to 5 fur-babies!  My husband is into Renaissance and Medieval things and got me into them too, (see the picture of us all decked out at our local Renaissance Festival!) so when I went looking for creative things to make my family for Christmas presents I found kits to make my own chainmaille jewelry.  Once I tried it I was hooked!!  When people saw some of the jewelry I had made, they told me I should try selling it, so here I am!  Hoping to get a small business going and trying my best to help it along and get some people interested. 

For those who don't know, chainmaille (also just called Mail or Maille) is a type of armor consisting of small metal rings linked together in a pattern to form a mesh.  Yes, it's the armor that knights and others used to wear way back when. :) 
The difference between the old style of Chainmaille and what I do is that I generally don't make the full mesh armor types, I make it into unique pieces of jewelry.  I am trying to expand what I know how to make and am learning new things every day to be able to create even more items for you.  I will post all about them here, Facebook, and Instagram and hope that there is some interest in purchasing. 

Thanks for visiting and I hope you return to see my wares and follow my progress in this great venture!  

-Ashlee

Fun fact:  If you're wondering "why Ash Tree Chains?"  The answer is easy, it's the meaning of my name!  I looked it up years ago and Ashlee (though it's usually spelled with a Y) literally means "a meadow of Ash trees" or "from the Ash tree meadow" depending on where you look.  So when I needed a name for my business I thought why not Ash Tree. :D 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Viper Weaves

Viper Basket Bracelet in Anodized Aluminum Viper Basket is a name that is used for the doubled ring version of Orbital Vipera Berus.  It is a very easy, but great looking weave.  It is a 2 in 2 chain with larger rings "orbiting" each set of 2 to make the rings change direction and gives the weave a more intricate look. Viper Basket Bracelet with matching Earrings Vipera Berus is also called Northern Viper by some and is "the third bastard son of mixing European Styles and Hoodoo." Vipera Berus Bracelet in Anodized Aluminum I don't know too much about either of these weaves and I think it's because they are both variations of other weaves.  They are both amazing looking weaves though and lots of fun to do. I have only made one piece out of each of these weaves, so there are unfortunately not too many pictures to show.  I did make a matching pair of Viper Basket Earrings, but I don't know if the Vipera Berus would make good earrings or not....

Announcement :)

Hello All! I wanted to share today on here to let you all know that I have a website now!!! I have been working on it for a while and it in no way feels totally complete to me, but it's there.  You can see everything I've made with prices and place orders from the website. If you prefer, you can still order by sending me an email at  ashtreechains@gmail.com , a Facebook message  here , or an Instagram message here .  I will accept orders received by any means :) The website address for those who want to check it out is www.ashtreechains.com  Thank you for reading. I will continue to update the blog when I can. Hope you all are having a wonderful day and thank you for sharing part of it with me :)

New Pieces

I haven't been too great at remembering to update the blog, but I do have another collection of new pretties to share! First off, a tiny fidget toy!!! It's super cute and actually fits inside the bigger one! :D  Fidgets!  Second, a lovely pendant in aluminum, rubber, and rainbow hematite.  It's called the Compass Pendant. Compass Pendant Infinity Cradle Bracelet Closeup This third piece is called Infinity Cradle. It is a twist on the European 4 in 1 weave with beads!  I actually had enough pieces left over from the bracelet to make matching earrings and a simple necklace.  Colors would be very versatile in this piece and the type of bead used can change the whole look.  Infinity Cradle full set  The next piece is another European 4 in 1 style cuff bracelet.  It's called the Ruffles Cuff.  Ruffles Cuff Closeup Ruffles Cuff Glass Butterfly Earrings  Following the lovely Ruffles Cuff, we have ...