Skip to main content

Custom Piece!

Provided photo of Isagenix Logo
I have finished a custom requested piece for a lovely woman who wanted her business logo on a necklace.  After lots and lots of playing around with rings, I finally fabricated a workable necklace!  I delivered it to her a few days ago and am happy to report she loved it!!  For those who may not know, the logo she requested (see picture) is for Isagenix.  It was a few tricky looking shapes to try to make and took a lot longer than I care to admit (lol) to figure out a way to make it.  I was able to get it all done though, mostly in a simple European 4 in 1 pattern with some Half-Persian for stabilization.  I've added some photos of the process.  These are all the same photos I had sent to her throughout and I would do the same for you if you were to request a custom piece (or any piece if you'd like updates).
Step One: Making the shapes
 The first thing I did was try to get the different shapes of the logo made to be sure I would even be able to do anything with it.  After that, I had to connect them; there was just no way it would have worked otherwise.  So, even though I couldn't do it exactly like the picture she provided, I did the best I could to get as close as possible and waited for her approval before moving on to the next step.

Step Two: Connecting the shapes
 After she OK'd the design I went ahead and started adding the chain to make it a necklace.  The first picture here is the first mock-up of it where it was all connected by a simple 1-1 chain with the "A" connected to the chain that goes around the neck (to help pull them apart a bit to get the A shape) and the "arms/wings" connected to those same chains.  This is also where I added the half-Persian to stabilize the shape of the "A" and the "head".  After some trial and error and trying the necklace on to check the connections and shape on an actual neck (lol) I realized that somehow the head needed to be held up.  It looked like a teenager shrugging his shoulders LOL!  I altered my connections to hold the head up and added small connecting chains to keep it in place and hold up the "shoulders".  Then it started to look like the right shape, just in the wrong colors.
Step Four: More Stabilizing
Step Three: Adding Chains


First look at the (almost) finished piece
After final approval of the design, I started putting it together in the requested colors!  This beautiful lime green was requested to match the Isagenix colors and black chains to hold everything together.

I ended up deciding to double the part that goes around the neck to give it a more sturdy feel and help support more of the weight of the "Isa-guy" as she called it :)  and sent her the final picture of the completed piece!
Finished Isagenix Necklace! 





















DELIVERY DAY!!!  She loved it!!

Customer and finished necklace! 

She even sent another picture after :D 























All rings for this project were from Metal Designz, The Ring Lord, and American Chain Mail.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jens Pind Linkage

Jens Pind Linkage, also known as JPL is generally considered a variation of the Spiral Weave, but it is tight enough that it doesn't unwind when unclasped.  It looks a bit like a rope so it works for just about anything!  I cannot find anything that explains the name, but I suppose it has something to do with either the technique or the creator of the weave since most I've come across usually do.  The JPL chain looks pretty and simple, but it requires very precise placement of each ring so that they maintain a consistent angle of overlap to hold the shape.  It is much easier to see when it is done in multiple colors but also looks lovely in a single color.  It is so versatile and can be done in so many styles (usually called JPL3, JPL5, etc.) for distinctly different looks.  I have only so far completed the JPL3 version in bright aluminum (single color) and anodized aluminum (three colors).   JPL3 in Bright Aluminum JPL3 in Anodized Aluminum

New Captures

Pixie Snowflake The first of the new captures is called Pixie Snowflake.  It features a Swarovski Crystal Rivoli in Sapphire.  It is a gorgeous design from Dawdling Dragons.  This one is the pendant size, but it can also be made in earring size.   The second is called Crystal Cascade. This one, in particular, is made with rainbow hematite beads and a Swarovski Crystal Rivoli in the color called Vitrail Medium.  It is a stunning piece and, while a little big for any pendant I personally would wear, it is an amazing statement piece or even an ornament if you choose. Crystal Cascade Pendant The next is a collection of captures done in aluminum and rubber and connected with Byzantine units to support the weight and give the piece some stability.  It is the Galaxy Necklace and features Swarovski Crystal Rivolis in Emerald. Galaxy Necklace Galaxy Necklace Closeup Rings and Kits for all pieces completed are from Dawdling Dragons  and HyperLynks.

Scales!

Another update today included some pieces I have completed recently using scales. Candle Skirt in Sunflower Position Candle Skirt in Lotus Position First, the Lotus Candle Skirt made with aluminum scales and stainless steel rings. It was made to fit a tealight candle, but can be altered to fit almost anything round. It fits in the closed position, called "lotus position" or the open position, called "sunflower position". It is a great decoration! I have also made these adorable scale flowers. I made one in each color and also a multi-colored one with some leftover scales and rings.  I added a ring to one and wear it as a pendant, but can also attach a pin backing or hairclip. Small Scale Flower Small Scale Flower Small Scale Flower Small Scale Flower Small Scale Flower Small Scale Flower Multi-colored Small Scale Flower  The next one, I made as a pin, but it could be almost anything ju